Sunday, January 25, 2015

BALANGIR WOMAN THREATENS SELF-IMMOLATION AT NAVEEN NIVAS Monday, 26 January 2015 | SUDHIR MISHRA | BALANGIR | in Bhubaneswar

BALANGIR WOMAN THREATENS SELF-IMMOLATION AT NAVEEN NIVAS
Monday, 26 January 2015 | SUDHIR MISHRA | BALANGIR | in Bhubaneswar
1
Vandana Kar here threatened to go for self-immolation before the Naveen Nivas if her husband and in-laws of Jagatsinghpur district were not arrested for dowry torture, sexual exploitation and attempt to kill her.Addressing mediapersons in Balangir on Sunday morning, Vandana said that since day one of her marriage, her husband Diptabhanu had been torturing her for dowry. “I informed my in-laws about this but they remained silent; rather they too started torturing me and told me to bring more money in dowry,” Vandana said.
As I found the situation there intolerable, I returned to my parental house at Balangir on April 28, 2014. Subsequently, neither my in- laws nor my husband contacted me. However, before snapping all my ties with my husband, I decided to visit my husband’s official residence at Talcher on December 1, 2014. Seeing me there, my husband became infuriated and assaulted me with one of his relatives too. However, I was rescued with the help of social activist Rita, Vandana described. Vandana said that she was shocked when she got a notepad and other evidence of her husband’s illicit relation with another lady there.
“I filed an FIR in Bolangir town police station and my statement was recorded only on January 15. In the meanwhile, the accused got enough time to get anticipatory bail thanks to the laxity of police. Whenever I met the SP and sought justice, the SP immediately directed the investigating officer to arrest the culprit but the culprit was not arrested,” Vandana stated.
“They have ruined my career, my life and I am traumatised. I had planned for self immolation on January 26. However, I have put it up for the time being. I want my husband and in -laws to be in jail. If that is not done, I shall set myself on fire before the Naveen Nivas,” said Vandana Kar. She was accompanied by advocate Promod Mishra and his brother Jayadev Kar during the meet. Meanwhile, the Balangir police have denied any laxity in the case. “A case has been registered in this connection under Section 498(A)/307/506/34 and Section 4of DP Act. An investigation at the preliminary level indicates that the allegations are true,” said Balangir SDPO Narayan Nayak.

 ==============================================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Padayatra held to protect G’mardan from forest fire and other forest fire news and stories of Bolangirand odisha since2013

  Padayatra held to protect G’mardan from forest fire Saturday, 09 March 2013 17:10 PNS | BALANGIR Hits: 20 With a view to sensitisi...