Friday, January 25, 2013

Set time limit for trial in double murder case’ , 25 JANUARY 2013 18:37 PNS | BALANGIR


 Bhubaneswar http://www.dailypioneer.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/arrow.png ‘Set time limit for trial in double murder case’
FRIDAY, 25 JANUARY 2013 18:37
PNS | BALANGIR
HITS: 32
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF
The double murder case which took place near Chandanbhati near here on January 15 continues to evoke strong reactions with former BJP State president Suresh Pujari visiting the victims’ families at Sindurbahal village on Thursday to express sympathy to them.
“I see this brutal double murder incident as a repetition of the Parsuram Satpathy murder incident of Balangir in the 1970s which shook the entire Odisha. The police should submit a flawless charge-sheet in the double murder case and its trial should be completed in a fast track court within a timeframe,” Pujari told mediapersons.
Besides, the recent rape and murder of a woman in Titilagarh is also shocking, he said, ruing that the accused in this case have not been traced so far.
The rising number of crimes in the State shows that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is unable to run his Home Department properly. The CM should either give up the Home Department or quit, Pujari said further.
While the Chief Minister did not observe the New Year due to the Damini rape incident in Delhi, he has not visited any rape victim’s house in the State during his tenure, Pujari alleged.
Asked to comment on any possibility of an alliance between the BJP and the BJD in forthcoming elections, he said it is for his party’s parliamentary board to decide. However, he personally does not see any such prospect right now, he added.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Balangir double murder: Nab prime accused, demands Cong WEDNESDAY, 23 JANUARY 2013 16:53


Bhubaneswar http://dailypioneer.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/arrow.png Balangir double murder: Nab prime accused, demands Cong
WEDNESDAY, 23 JANUARY 2013 16:53
PNS | BALANGIR
HITS: 5
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF
The brutal murder of Dibyajoti Panigrahi and Minketan Ghibela has sparked sharp reactions here with black badge-wearing Congress workers staging a protest demonstration before the Collectorate and staging Rasta Roko in different routes connecting this district headquarters town.
They demanded arrest of the prime accused in the double murder case, Jayaprakash Pati, who is the vice-chairman of Loisingha block and a BJD leader. President of Balangir Lok Sabha Constituency unit of the Congress Akash Mishra said the dharna was also a mark of protest over the fast-deteriorating law and order. The prime accused in the case of the double murder has not been arrested so far. Besides, the accused in the case of rape and murder of a woman in Titilagarh is also yet to be nabbed.
“We have formed a special squad to nab the main accused,” informed Balangir SP R Prakash to this correspondent.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Three held in Balangir double murder case TUESDAY, 22 JANUARY 2013 20:17


 Bhubaneswar http://dailypioneer.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/arrow.png Three held in Balangir double murder case
TUESDAY, 22 JANUARY 2013 20:17
PNS | BALANGIR
HITS: 6
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF
The Balangir police on Monday arrested three persons Damodar Putel, Adikanda Sahu and Jubraj Bhoi in connection with the case of murder of Dibyajyoti Panigrahi and Minketan Ghibela.
On January 15 night, the deceased were travelling by a motorcycle after participating in a feast from the house of Damodar Putel who was providing all information about the movement of Panigrahi.
The police seized a Xylo car used for the crime. The main accused of the case, Loisingha block vice-chairman Jayaprakash Pati, is still absconding.
“We are trying to arrest the other accused involved in the incident very soon,” said Balangir SP R Prakash to reporters here on Monday, adding, “The main reason behind the double murder was past enmity.”
The identities of the absconding accused persons were not disclosed on the ground that it might hamper the progress of the investigation. Efforts are on to recover the weapon used in the crime, said the Superintendent of Police.

Members of Kosal kranti dal staged dharna in the Balangir railway station on Saturday 19th January2013,demanding more allocation for khurdha Balangir Railway line and commencement of work from Balangir side.


Allocates 400 crores for Khurdha Balangir railway line


UPload Lok ustav Video on district portal;Balangir MP


Friday, January 18, 2013

Early completion of Suktel project promised


FRIDAY, 18 JANUARY 2013 23:24
PNS | BALANGIR
HITS: 30
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF
Revenue Minister SN Patro on Friday said the Chief Minister is sincerely interested in early completion of the Lower Suktel Irrigation Project in Balangir.
“Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had invited the people opposing the project for discussion to sort out the matter,” Patro told mediapersons here at the end of a District Planning Committee meeting.
Out of the total 29 villages in the project area, 16 are going to be submerged fully while 13 would be partially submerged, he said.
Asked on the fraudulent transfer of farmers’ land to a company by dishonest teshil officials in Patnagarh block, Patro said, “Guilty officers have been punished while some cases are pending before the High Court.”
Parto informed that a new amendment in the existing law is being drafted by the Law Department to make encroachment of Government land a difficult and painstaking one as at present the encroachers have to pay a meagre compensation for encroachment, he added.
The Minister also said a total of 52 new Revenue Inspector Circles would be opened in Balangir district soon. 

Three-year-old raped


WEDNESDAY, 16 JANUARY 2013 23:34
PNS | BALANGIR
HITS: 34
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF

A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth on Tuesday evening much to the dismay of citizens here. According to reports, the accused called the girl out of house and took her away to a secluded place and raped her. After the victim returned to her house, she narrated the incident to one of her family members.
The Balangir Town police arrested the culprit and registered a case under Section 376(2) of IPC along with different Sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, said Inspector-in-Charge of Town police station Srimanta Barik.
 Bhubaneswar http://www.dailypioneer.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/arrow.png Two brutally killed at B’langir
WEDNESDAY, 16 JANUARY 2013 23:24
PNS | BALANGIR
HITS: 21
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF
Two persons were murdered near a bridge at Chandanbhati, 10 km from here on Wednesday. The deceased were identified as Dibyajyoti Panigrahi and Minketan Ghibela. There were deep injuries on their bodies. The Balangir Sadar police have registered a murder case, and investigation is on, said DSP, Crime, Niranjan Mishra to mediapersons. 
     
=====================

Odisha Revenue Minister Sri Surya Narayan Patra inagurating the Standardised District portal on 18th january Designed and developed by NIC Odisha


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crucial meet on Suktel issue ends inconclusively


 Bhubaneswar http://dailypioneer.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/arrow.png Crucial meet on Suktel issue ends inconclusively
WEDNESDAY, 16 JANUARY 2013 23:18
PNS | BHUBANESWAR
HITS: 4
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF
The implementation of the Lower Suktel irrigation project in Balangir district has run into rough weather with the Lower Sukhtel Budi Anchal Sangram Parishad continuing to insist the State Government to go for small barrages instead of putting up the major project for the greater interest of the people.
Though the stalemate in the implementation of the project virtually had ended following a broad agreement concerning an 11-point charter of demands of a faction of the Lower Suktel Joint Action Committee with the State Government at a high level meeting during the last week of December 2012, the latest high level meeting held here on Wednesday failed to diffuse the issue raised by the Budi Anchal Sangram Paridhad comprising people of the 16 villages, who are going to be submerged due to the project.
Official sources said that the ten-member delegation under the leadership of Ghunu Sashu, president of the parishad, raised their concerns before the Government. The meeting was also attended by Balangir MLA AU Singh Deo.
Sources said the delegation intimated the Government that the locals of the submerged areas,  among other things, demand shelving the major Lower Suktel Project and implemention of three four barranges across the river Suktel at
various places.
But the Government also stuck to its present project design claiming that the project would provide irrigation potential to around 31,830 hectares of land. Sources said that the Chief Secretary tried to dismiss the delegation members’ apprehension of non settlement of the affected families after the project was implemented.
The Chief Secretary clarified that the Government had already disbursed Rs 83 crore out of the sanctioned Rs 93 crore towards land acquisition. As many as 3,700 families are estimated to be displaced and out of them 794 families had already expressed their interest to give up lands for the project, he said.
Patnaik said the Government had planned to put up three resettlement colonies over 627 acres of land at Khuajenpalli, Larkipoalli and Hardatel to accommodate 1,666 families. An estimated Rs 9.14 crore have already been sanctioned for the resettlement colonies, he informed.
Sources said the cost of the project was estimated at Rs 217.13 crore as per the 1996 price level intially. Later, as per 2009 price level, the project cost was revised to Rs 1,041.80 crore. The project would provide irrigation facilities to 31,830 hectares of land. Out of it, 23,500 hectares of land would be brought under irrigation in the first phase.
As per a survey conducted in 2009, as many as 9,212 families would be affected due to the project. At present, a socio-economic survey was being conducted in the proposed submerged areas. Till today the survey had almost been completed in 14 villages and 5,309 families had been identified.

‘Institution of editor in media on the decline’


 Bhubaneswar http://www.dailypioneer.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/arrow.png ‘Institution of editor in media on the decline’
WEDNESDAY, 16 JANUARY 2013 19:24
PIONEER NEWS SERVICE | DHENKANAL
HITS: 19
·         E-mail
·         Print
·         PDF

The institution of editor has been gradually declining in the newspaper industry due to corporate interests, stated Chief Editor, Deshbandhu Group, Raipur, Lalit Surjan here on Tuesday.
Delivering a lecture on ‘Role of editor in contemporary media’ to the students of the Indian Institution of Mass Communication (IIMC), Dhenkanal, he explained that media is a complex business, which requires coordination at several levels. The editor has always been the guiding spirit and the public face of a media setup, he said.
In the past, editors used to enjoy a significant place in the public domain. The scheme to diminish the editor’s preeminent position started in the 1970s with the transformation of the media to serve corporate interests, Surjan observed. He insisted on journalists to find solutions in order to enjoy credibility before the public. 
A monograph on ‘Business Journalism’ by Prof Mrinal Chatterjee, Head of IIMC, Dhenkanal was released by  Surjan in the presence of students and staff members of the institute and other guests.
Speaking on the occasion, former Professor & Director, Manipal Institute of Communication Buroshiva Dasgupta said editors are falling prey to the business interests of the newspapers. The newspaper owners are interfering in the editorial matters, which should be avoided, he added.